Tuesday, January 9, 2007

What's up with the multiple at&t bills?

I guess I'm a bit old fashioned, but it really chaps my ass to have to pay two bills every month to a company that goes by the same name. Seriously AT&T... lets hurry up and figure out a way for the customer to get these charges rolled into one bill.

On the one hand, I suppose I should be grateful that the bills arrive in differently sized envelopes--this at least gives me a fighting chance of keeping the two properly sorted. It also helps that the account numbers are just "slightly" different. But what I don't get is why it's taking so long for a company so large to figure out how to get their respective billings in order and present their customers with a single bill?

Now, just so we're clear, I'm not talking about consolidating accounts that carry different names or different addresses, or even different numbers... just accounts that fall under the same number, name, and address that have several different services attached, such as basic phone service, long distance, and DSL.

Also, given that it's all coming from a single company, you might think it would be simple enough to get online and manage your accounts from there. Well, good luck. I have been trying to do just that since the merger was announced. No luck so far.

Enough already. I have never seriously considered the idea of using my cable company for phone and internet service until now. Which, except for the setup hassle, its looking more and more like an attractive option.

No comments: