Monday, January 8, 2007

What's in a Title?

Once I decided it was time to sit down and create my blog, one of the most daunting questions of all came up as soon as I began the process... what would I title the thing?

Up until that point I had given no thought to the title whatsoever. My mind was racing as I fished around in there for something suitable (I always feel a sense of urgency whenever engaged in any sort of login process... you never know when it will time out). Did I want to "theme" my blog around photography, which happens to be my favorite (and most expensive) hobby? Did I want to choose a more esoteric title that would more appropriately describe what I really felt I would be doing with my blog? Or did I simply want to choose something in-between that didn't sound too stupid and get on with it?

So I decided on "Tripping on Through." Not a great title, perhaps, but for the purposes of this blog it will do. It won't take a degree in psychology to see that I'm mostly referring to the act of "stumbling through life." But wrapped up in there is the "tripping" part that carries the dual meaning of "tripping the camera's shutter." Yes, it's all rather hokey, but it gets the job done.

Also, just so you know, I did consider that some folks might read the title and surmise that I was some sort of acid freak. And though I doubt many acid freaks are out there reading blogs... I could be wrong.

No comments: