Monday, January 8, 2007

Opening Post

Oh well, I've done it now. I was still trying to evaluate the available template options when I clicked on "continue" and the next thing I know this blog was created. I was thinking of going with this basic template anyway, and I guess I can always change it later.

So why a blog? I feel this is an important question. Although, for me at least, it's a difficult one to answer. I have been thinking about it for some time, and I'm not sure why. I suspect my primary goal is one of personal therapy, regardless of what hobbies or pastimes are used to provide the veneer. After all, there is nothing quite like reading yourself think to help you unlock the mysteries of your mind.

Then there is always the off chance that someone else will stumble across these ramblings and find something useful, something that has some relevance to their lives. One simply never knows. The world can seem such a small place, sometimes, despite its apparent size.

1 comment:

John M. Setzler, Jr. said...

"I suspect my primary goal is one of personal therapy, regardless of what hobbies or pastimes are used to provide the veneer. After all, there is nothing quite like reading yourself think to help you unlock the mysteries of your mind."

This is exactly why I do it. Fame and fortune through blogging is a pipe dream, but the things I have learned and taught myself from doing it are invaluable.