Monday, January 12, 2009

Underwire


Support work is what I do at my regular job. I talk to users who are having problems with thier computers or printers or this program or that program, and I do my best to get their problems solved in a timely manner.

It's easy enough work once you have been doing it for a while, and the daily repetition is almost always interrupted with a real winner. Something that I have never seen nor heard the likes of in all my time on the job.

Oddly enough, these are the fun problems. The ones that require you to think a little more, maybe even force you to learn something new that you would otherwise never have experienced.

In my day to day life, however, I have a tendency to stick to the repetition. Occasionally I'll try to break out of it by applying myself to some new found pastime, or by putting some renewed effort into an old one.

Read a new book. Read an old book, again. Take a photo. Watch some shooting stars. Play rough with the cat. Take up the game of chess. Anything to break up the routine.

Like today's image. It's not a favorite of mine, just so you know. But it does represent an artistic effort, of sorts, that was carried through to completion. So while it may be gray and grainy and lacking in any real substance... all I can say is, it's a start!

3 comments:

Debra Trean said...

It is a good start ! You sound a lot like my husband he has his own routine he does every day no matter what...where as I.... do whatever when ever it strikes me and have no routine... lol... funny thing is we have two sons and one is like him and the other like ME.... sooo... whatever works... gets ya going... and so long as you enjoy is all that matters...

I like the image you took it is simple yet makes one ponder a bit.

Ted said...

The problem I have with your images Michael is that they make me %$%#! jealous. You so seeming effortlessly see things that I only see after you've shown them to me. Is it that you are smarter than me? Izzit that your brain is differently wired? Have you a different layer of sensitivity? Do you come from a culture that liberates your eye? Hmmmmm.... I've just reviewed a bunch of your past images. Sigh...

They make me realize that they aren't teaching me anything. I mean that I look at how many different ways that you see things and I cannot fathom the secret... the common denominator. This is a great collection Michael, and this latest image is just another idea that didn't occur to me until you revealed it here.

Nice work buddy... regardless of your take on this image, it's a favorite of mine.

Andreas said...

Gosh, am I late to the party! Nevertheless: I like this image a lot. It's simple, it's organic, it's dynamic, it was shot at the right time, post-processing is, well, as always, in short: it's perfect.