Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On Deck


Not sure why, exactly, but this image has always reminded me of a fighter jet waiting to depart from an aircraft carrier. Poised, ready, but still pointing in the wrong direction for a proper takeoff (well, for a plane, anway....). It's an old image, from some ages ago when I got outside with my camera more often. I have always gotten a kick out of it.

These days the winter doldrums make me feel like this sometimes. Poised, ready, but still pointing in the wrong direction for a proper takeoff (oh to be like the fly!).

In any case, it is what it is, and the days toward spring march on.

3 comments:

Ted said...

I'm beginning to understand your secret Michael. Uh-huh.... I'm on to you. And I'm going to blurt it out for everyone to see. You only post your best images!

Now that is not fair. The rest of us post a whole bunch of things... Tiny little boasts that say, "See what I did today? See? See?" As if others cared. Or we do it whether they care or not. And while many of us are involved in spurts of egotistical drivel... you wait in the reeds like some sort of feral cat... and then... POUNCE!

Out comes a perfectly worked masterpiece like this. It is both an abstract that stands alone and a metaphor that opens up a door to the imagination. Plus it is such high craft that it claws at our attention so that we will feel the abstract and then tumble through the door.

Cool stuff Michael, but not fair. Nope, you've got to start showing us what goes on between these master works so we understand that you're like the rest of us... learning, rejecting, discovering. Yep... need to see the points b, c, d, and e between a and f. You keep taking us right to f after f after f.

On the other hand, maybe if I developed your sort of personal discipline, maybe my own blog would look as good as yours. Hmmmmm..... Lemme ponder on that, K?

Debra Trean said...

delightful and I think every word you wrote really tells the story and the picture is priceless.... I am tired of the winter too at this point I dream of spring....

Ted said...

It is time for you to fly back here Michael :-)