Monday, March 31, 2008

Down Time

As far as proper photo "taking" goes, I have been on extended leave. Call it "down-time," if you will. I stopped carrying my point and shoot as a matter of habit back in December, and I have been using various excuses NOT to carry ANY camera into the outdoors of late. And while I'm not sure what it all means, I am cognizant of the fact that I'm doing it.

Admittedly, I have been concentrating on hunting morel mushrooms the past few weeks. So far, though, no luck. In fact, I'm about to consider this year a bust and focus on looking for better sites to search next year. I say this, despite the fact that I just plopped down a not insubstantial sum of money for a shiny new Garmin GPS, an Etrex Venture HC, just in case I did (do) find a morel. Then at least, I would know where to look next year.

None of this, of course, is any excuse for venturing into the forest camera-less, and that is exactly what I have found myself doing.

This week I offer up another old image (goodness I'm tired of saying that) that was taken back in December. It showed up on my drive as a horizontal, but I think it works much better as a vertical. In any case, I guess it's better than nothing at all.

4 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful shot, even if it is older..Thanks for sharing it with us. As for venturing out cameraless. I understand. I think sometimes our spirits need to just absorb and enjoy what is around us without an alterior motive.. But thanks for sharing anyhow..we used to gather mushrooms when I was a girl, and I am told they are here in limited supply, but haven't found any yet..

Debra Trean said...

great nature shapes and enjoy the break!!!

Ted said...

Do any animals squirrel away pine cones. Well you do for late Winter nutrition, eh? I just can't get whipped up over B&W, you have such a sense of color palette and color is now an entire new world for guys with your talents to explore. So when I see the radical surgical removal of... well a chromectomy... I am reeeeely scrupulous in evaluating it. I want it to do something that wasn't done in all those wet darkrooms I spent so many years inside, fingernails browning from developer and fixer.

Wasn't there even a trace of color that could be saved Doctor? Did it all have to die? Sob!

Begrudgingly though, I gotta admit, this is charming.

People Power Granny said...

I write about my morel find tonight at peoplepowergranny.blogspot.com. I also have hunted these jewels since I learned to walk. I wish you the best in your search.